Believe by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone,

Before I share some creativity I just wanted to let you all know that sadly this will be my final post here at That's Crafty! 

I would like to say thanks to each of you lovely people who have stopped by to see my creations and for your kind comments and support both here and on social media during my time with That's Crafty! 
Thank you too to the talented blog design team who I've worked alongside and of course to Laura and Graham I would like to say an extra big thank you for the opportunity. It's been an honour and enjoyable pleasure to design for you and be part of the team. 

Now for some creativity. 
For my leaving project I've created a mini 'Art block' using one of That's Crafty's fabulous MDF Surfaces - an ATC Chunkie, a That's Crafty! heart and 13Arts papers.


As with the That's Crafty! small MDF box I used for my project last week (see here) That's Crafty's MDF ATC Chunkies come flat packed and are easy to construct due to the clever interlocking design of the pieces.
The only 'extra' needed is an adhesive and my go to for something like this is always That's Crafty's Multi Surface Adhesive.  


Once the ATC was constructed I painted it with black Acrylic paint and left to dry while I looked through my paper pads to make my selection. 
 I decided on papers from 13Arts 'His and Hers Remastered' paper pad designed by Olga Heldwein. 
It was the first paper pad I got from That's Crafty! when I started designing for them so thought it would be a nice idea to use papers from the pad on this occasion. 
The typed text paper I chose to cover the ATC was cut into pieces to fit the front, back, sides, top and bottom of the ATC. I caught around the edges of the pieces with black acrylic paint and adhered them in place. 
As the design of the paper was 'busy' with typed text I felt it didn't need much more other than a bit of 'grunging up' with black paint and a few paint splatters. 

The focal feature of the ATC was made up of a few parts.  
The base of the feature is a That's Crafty MDF Twinchie covered with a small piece of another paper from the pad. It's embellished with short strips of the typed text paper and a couple of gem beads. 
To this I adhered a That's Crafty! white/ greyboard heart covered with some of the typed text paper. 
In the centre of the heart I rested a multi winged butterfly that I'd cut free from yet another of the papers from the pad, its thorax embellished with a gem bead. 

Beneath the focal feature I added the word 'Believe. 
This was stamped using one of the stamps on That's Crafty's stamp set: 'Lots of Words'.


  I sat the ATC 'Art Block' on a couple of small wooden reels that I painted black and embellished with a thin strip of the typed text paper. 


They not only served as 'legs' but also gave the Art Block character as did the 'feature' that I created for the top - another painted/ paper embellished reel topped with a painted, paper covered That's Crafty! Inchie embellished with a grungy press stud. 


An aerial view of the finished piece shows off the dimension of the 'ATC 'chunkie' and the 'inchie', twinchie' elements of the focal feature along with the dimension and sense of movement of the multi winged butterfly. 



Products used: 

Paper Trimmer

I hope you have enjoyed your time here with me today and that maybe I offered some creative inspiration. 

Although this is my final post here I'll still be around on the art and craft scene creating, blogging, doing what I love and whatever comes next so I hope we'll stay connected. 

Thanks again one and all 
Take Care Everyone
Creative wishes 
Amanda 
(ink-a-pink) 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You will be sorely missed Amanda! Your makes are so inspirational and unique, always filled with creative intrigue. Well done for the past 3.5 years! Best wishes in your future endeavors. xx, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thank you so very much, Autumn for your lovely kind words. They are much appreciated and mean the world ❤️ . Thanks for stopping by too nd for your best wishes for whatever comes next . Sending you love and big hugs, my friend ❤️🤗 xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook