Forever Friends by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone and Welcome, 

For today's post I have created a tag that's about friendship, a forever friendship between two young girls.

Plenty of Tim Holtz products were used in the making along with a That's Crafty! White/Greyboard tag (my 'go to' substrate when I'm making tags) and a That's Crafty! small clock embellishment.


I worked off the tag on a piece of mixed media paper creating a background using some of Tim Holtz Distress inks and Oxides (Crackling Campfire, Wilted Violet, Speckled Egg, Salvaged Patina) . 
 Starting with the inks I applied them directly onto a craft mat (near to one another but not overlapping), misted them with water and pressed the paper onto the inks to pick up the colours. I then dried with a heat gun before repeating the process this time splashing, smooshing, dabbing the paper around and onto/into the inks. This continued until I liked how the background was looking at which point I repeated all of the above with the Oxides.  
After a final blast of the heat gun to ensure the inks were completely dry the background was cut to fit a That's Crafty! #8 white/greyboard tag and adhered in place. 

Next I added some textured stencilling using Tim Holtz Distress Texture Paste with his 'Script' layering stencil. 


I love how the textured 'Script' stencilling looked on the inky background that itself I was really happy with.  


I embellished the upper part of the tag with a That's Crafty! greyboard small clock that I treated to some Tim Holtz Distress paints: Black Soot, Ground Espresso caught in places with Speckled Egg. 


I chose not to give the clock any hands by way of representing the timelessness of a  'forever' friendship.

Instead, to the left of the clock I featured a moth which was created by watercolour stamping one of the moths from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous 'Moth Study' stamp set with Distress inks, overstamped when dry with Tim's Black Soot Distress Archival ink.  


To the right I placed the words 'forever friends' taken from Tim Holtz Chit Chat stickers.   


Here they are - our 'forever friends' 'Betsy and Lucy' 


They have heaps of fun (and mischief) together and like alot of us love getting messy with paints and crayons. 
 Looks like they've been 'playing' with the Distress crayons here 'tinting' their own dresses (thankfully lightly) instead of colouring the pictures they told me they were making. 
Mmmmm I know someone else who did that too when she was younger.... 😉... and if truth be told she still does! 😅 


Products used

Tim Holtz Distress Oxides: Crackling Campfire, Speckled Egg  
Tim Holtz Distress Crayons: Speckled Egg,
Wilted Violet, Ground Espresso  
Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Stamps: 'Moth Study' (CMS436) 
Tim Holtz Layering Stencils: 'Script' (THS149) 

Tim Holtz Paper Dolls: There are sets available here and here with some great cast members to choose from (the one I used is from an older cast) 
Tim Holtz Chit Chat Stickers, Clipping Stickers 
Paintbrush 
Paper Trimmer 
Scissors  
Eyelets 
Ribbon

I hope you've enjoyed your time here with me today meeting Betsy and Lucy the forever friends and that maybe I offered some creative tag inspiration. 
Thanks for taking the time to pop by - always appreciated 
Have a  fun creative week 
Take Care 
Amanda
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook