One of a Kind by Helen Chilton

11:00


This is a very easy tag but the basic technique opens up a whole new world of possibilities, especially if you've got as many stencils as I have!
I'm using a stencil to dry emboss - I've tried this before but it never worked that well, but this time I got a great embossed tag.
I'm using a Sizzix Plus machine but you can look up the best technique for your own die cutting machine on YouTube. Here's the sandwich I used, starting from the bottom:

 Sizzix Platform, Plate A, Cutting mat, Stencil, Card, Thin black embossing mat, Cutting mat

It's quite a tight sandwich so you might need to adjust accordingly - you can always take out Plate A and insert some card instead. Don't keep cranking if it really doesn't want to go through - I've got things stuck in the middle like that and had to take the machine apart!


I've coloured the whole tag in green.


Then rubbed the Tumbled Glass ink pad lightly over the top to pick up the pattern


The flowers are cut out from some of Melina's collage paper - they were actually a pale pinky/purple but I coloured them red. The text is from the same paper.



Very quick and easy to make - I hope you've enjoyed this project and it inspires you to get out those stencils.

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook