The Sea of Life by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello everyone, I wanted to share this particular piece of artwork this week as the sea seems like the perfect thing to reflect our current very uncertain times when we tend to get stormy seas and lots of waves to test us.

My little piece of artwork here is much more cheery and bright as I'm hoping that the stormy seas stay away for a while.

Step by Step:

My chosen substrate is a large rectangular MDF panel which I simply covered with one of Melina's amazing paint pour papers as I thought the bubbly effect was just right for an underwater scene.

I then took some pieces of Craftyboard seaweed and painted these by dipping them into green, yellow and orange paints spread on a plastic plate as I like them to have a mottled look. I did the same with some sections of bubble Craftyboard which I trimmed off the larger piece.

My next task was to prepare the fishy element and I took some of the Craftyboard fish. The larger ones with 2 sections were painted on the under layer with Mustard Yellow Multi Surface Paint then brushed on some 3D Holgraphic Gel Medium for some glitz. I painted the upper layers with Magenta Multi Surface Paint. I glued them together.


I stamped the gorgeous Angel fish image on some paper from my bits box that was created with Orange and Saffron Flat Matte Sprays. I stamped it with black pigment ink and heat embossed it with clear powder.

 

I took 2 of the tiny Caftyboard fish and painted them orange then added a little detailing with a fine black pen.

I glued all my elements in place then stamped my chosen text. one of Lynne's Affirmations, on a scrap of blue paper, cut it into tiles and added them to finish the piece.

Supplies:

That's Crafty! MDF Surfaces - Panel 4.5 x 9ins

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook