A Bit of Steampunk by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I have a bit of inspiration to share this week for the July challenge over at That's Crafty! Creatives Facebook Group which this month has the theme of Steampunk.

There's an amazing prize for the randomly drawn winner so if you haven't yet entered, there's still a week to go and to be in with a chance at the prize, all you need to do is enter!

Step by Step:

My substrate is one of the amazing new MDF pieces that made a debut on the recent One Day Special which also featured the first collection of stamp designs from the amazingly talented Kelly Horton, her absolutely gorgeous Steampunk Darlings.

As my intention was to use some paper in the centre of the cogs, I simply scraped Texture Sand Paste all around the edges of both cogs and a little too on the connecting chains. I left this to dry thoroughly.

I then got to work with some paints, aiming for a vintage distressed look so a put dollops of paint on an old plate choosing Black, Chestnut Brown, Metallic Patina and Teal Multi Surface Paints and Copper Metallic paint. I then applied these roughly in a grungy style.

Once the paints were dry, I added some black gesso in the centre to cover up to the edges of the textured surface. I die cut 2 circles of the steampunk style papers from Amanda Southern to fit the cogs and distressed the edges before gluing them in place. The chains were also painted black.

For the upper cog, I stamped the steampunk clock girl on white cartridge paper with black pigment ink and heat embossed the image with clear powder. I coloured her with Zig markers then cut her out. I painted a Craftyboard clock with Bronze Metallic paint, leaving the central piece in place then glued the image on top as the clock happily fit in the centre.


As my chosen concept was time flies so for the lower cog I took a pair of Craftyboard wings and added some Texture Sand Paste to them. I painted them with an under coat of Apricot Multi Surface Paint and roughly brushed teal over the top.

I textured up a cog with Sand Paste over painted with Copper Shimmer Paint and Teal and Metallic Patina Multi Surface Paints. I painted a leftover Craftyboard circle Chestnut Brown and glued the cog on top. I glued the wings in place and then added the cog on top.


I finished off with some alphabet Craftyboard which was rusted up to match the other embellishments and glued them at the top and base of my creation.

Supplies:


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook