Butterfly Kisses by Gill Humphrey

11:00

Times of difficult have always been associated with new developments - and at this point I think there are many changes quitely being forced on us by nature. If nothing ever changed we could not develop and I think nothing sums this sentiment up that butterflies and moths hence my choice for this post. 


I started my project with a Torn Edge MDF Upright which I primed with White Gesso. I then painted my base using a mixture of Buttercup and Apricot Multi Surface Paints.

When the paint was dry I used the Crackle stamp from PaperArtsy stamp France Papillon 009 using a number of browns from Archival Ink Set 3. I then added some additional stamping with the tiny numbers in the set before adding the distressed line on the same stamp set with the black Distress Archival ink.

To add extra interest to the back ground I mixed That's Crafty!Fine Texture Paste with Ocean Paint and pushed this through the That's Crafty! 7" Squares Stencil and left it to dry.

I stamped the moth from the stamp set onto pieces of paper from the Pastels and Rainbow Paper Pack by Melina Dahl and then fussy cut them out. 

I used 3 chipboard flourishes from 13 Arts from set Aqua Flora to indicated the flight path of my moths and then adhered them in place on my base. I added dimensional glue to the moths so that their wings stand proud. I added some dangly chain to the centres of the moths as bodies and some sting for the antennae. 

I added three Tim Holtz Index Clips to the piece before placing the mdf in its base piece which had the text Butterfly Kisses added to it. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Gorgeous textures and crackled effect on your background Gill and the moths look amazing stamped on the paper.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook