Frida by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
This week I've been playing in my little 3" x 5" grey/whiteboard journal using stamps designed by Janet Klein for AALL & Create


Here's What I Did:

I chose to work in my little That's Crafty! 3" x 5" grey/whiteboard journal and worked on the whiteboard pages of the journal. I covered the surface with a light layer of gesso just to give the page a little tooth for the Gloss Sprays I was to use. Taking the Dina Wakley Gloss Sprays I started by adding a pool of Yellow Gloss Spray and then blew it across the page using Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Blower, you could actually also use a straw for this but the blower makes it so much easier. After I had blown a colour I let it dry so the next colour wouldn't blend into it. The great thing about these sprays is that once dry the colours don't mix with each other, they are permanent. 


Next was to build onto my background. As the sprays have a gloss finish I didn't want to chance stamping over them so to add some stamping onto the pages I stamped onto collage paper and then added the stamped detail by adding torn elements of the stamping with gel medium, a piece to each side of the pages. I stamped one of the colour strips from the colour theory stamp set and coloured it with samples of the Gloss Sprays I had used. I stamped the Frida image and coloured with coloured pencils and cut out. Out of white card I die cut the Code die and cut it so that I had 2 pieces and added the waste, numbers, to the opposite page. Some strips of torn washi tape and a small piece of label tape adds the final details. The sentiment was stamped out and added and then outlined with black fineliner pen.


Here's What I Used:
Dina Wakley Gloss Sprays - Lemon, Lime, Magenta, Turquoise & White
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Blower (currently out of stock) 
Washi Tape from my Stash but more choices HERE
Matt Medium
Prismacolour Pencils

Have a great week and I will see you all next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. What a fabulous page - I love how the paint streaks fly across the double spread, exploding forth from the artist's palette to bring colour and movement to the right hand side. Clever use of your blown pattern.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook