Forever by Gill Humphrey

11:00

 

Summer is traditionally the time for weddings, for celebrating our love for each other and being in the moment. I knew that the Love Me Forever Collection by Craft O'Clock would make a wonderful shadow box, perfect to give to a special couple on their wedding day.


The  base for my project is the Large That's Crafty! House Shrine constructed with the help of That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Glue - in my opinion possibly the best glue for this type of thing in the world. I then added details using the That's Crafty! 6 x 6 Hole in the Wall Stencil and That's Crafty! Fine Texture Paste. I deliberately chose this version of the wall stencil as it makes it super easy to add areas of stencilling when you don't want the whole area to be covered. Random areas of texture paste were added to selected areas using a palette knife to give a more worn appearance.


Once the texture paste had dried I primed the entire piece with That's Crafty! White Gesso before painting the shrine with That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint in Apricot. To achieve the more vintage colour I then sprayed over Distress Oxide Speckled Egg.


The central part of the shrine was lined with papers from the Love me Forever paper collection edged with Speckled Egg Distress Ink with a little more of the Oxide Spray applied through a Daily Art Mandala Stencil from Set B.


Following lots of fussy cutting from the paper pack I then layered the pieces inside and around the shadow box using a combination of off cuts of greyboard and gel medium to create depth and shaping to my pieces. I tucked in lots of pieces of torn muslin cloth and tiny flowers before adding my chosen words to complete my piece. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook