B a Baby Album by Gill Humphrey

11:00


It really doesn't help your crafting when you "decide" to take a chunk out of a finger on your dominant hand so today's make is a relatively simple one using the Craft O'Clock Sleep and Dream Paper Set that were on Hochanda recently. The beauty of the Hochanda packs is that you get both the 12 x 12 and 6 x 6 papers plus extra images to fussy making them ideal for a whole co-ordinated project.

The base of my album is made up of greyboard tags. I started by covering 4 of the bases with papers from the pack using That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Glue.



One side of each tag has is completely covered with a single piece cut from the 12 x 12 pad and the remaining side is made up by mixing and matching the papers - by doing this the 4 pages can be made with a single 12 x 12 pack. I tidied the edges using a file and then lightly brushed the edges Distress Oxide in Shabby Shutters using a mini ink blending tool. To disguise the join in the papers I added some lace and then the cut off strip from the papers.

The inside of the album has been kept really simple with off cuts of the papers cut to form photo mats all edged with the distress oxide so that they "pop"  off the page.


Tuck spots were created using pieces from the pack with the alphabet images in it and tags cut from the add on sheets and back of the product label were then put in place




Having constructed the pages I then set about decorating the front of the album. To give the album a cohesive feel I added some lace. For the title plate of the album I took a Craftyboard Frame from Set 2  and edged it with the green distress oxide before adding it to the front of my album with a piece of waste greyboard beneath it to add dimension. I cut a piece of paper to fit inside the centre of my frame and edged it with ink before adding the fussy cut letter B from the set.  I then added some corners from Craftyboard Frames 5 again edging them with the shabby shutters ink. I then took some additional fussy cut images taken from the 6 x 6" paper pack onto the corners before adding some paper flowers.



I hope that this little album will encourage you to create using papers from the store as I think this would make a lovely little brag book to give to grandparents of a newborn either filled in by the parents or for them to fill in themselves.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook