A Letter Caddy! by Amanda Pink

11:00

Hi Everyone

Welcome to my weekly DT post of creativity.

On a similar vein to last weeks project (see here) today I am sharing another project that I have designed and created using That's Crafty! Surfaces: White/Greyboard Tags, Craftyboard Bookmarks and Letters and Tim Holtz 'Abandoned' Papers. The project is 3D and I guess could be considered to be a piece of home decor like my 'Art dome' but this project is also useble as its a 'Letter Caddy!'

The caddy itself was created using 2 White/Greyboard That's Crafty! #8 Tags and 3 That's Crafty! Greyboard Long Tags.

The #8 tags were used for the front and back face of the caddy so the 'tag top' was cut away from the main body of the tags. The Long tags were used for the sides and the base of the caddy. 2 were used 'as is' while one was cut to the required size to fit the base of the caddy.

Note: theres one tag (the base) missing in the photo below - senior moment!!


I created some folded cardboard corners. 


They helped adhere and strengthen the adhesion of the front and back face of the caddy to the sides and base of the caddy. 



After leaving some time for the adhesive to settle I then treated the caddy (inside and out) to a couple of coats of paint. I was undecided whether to go black or brown so used both initially but the black won out in the end!!

Whilst the paint was drying I selected the paper I wanted to use from Tim Holtz 'Abandoned ' Paper Pad. As last week I was spoilt for choice with all the fabulous sheets of grungy goodness! I used a couple of sheets of the 8inch pad to cover all the outer surfaces of the caddy excluding the base. Perfect as there are two sheets of each paper design in the pad!


The back of the caddy I kept embellishment free to really show off the paper design....


.... the front I embellished with a ' Letters' word plate. 

To create the plate I cut a That's Crafty! Craftyboard bookmark down to size,  painted it black and caught the edges with vintage gold wax.

The word 'Letters' was created using That's Crafty! Craftyboard: Alphabet 2. Each letter was painted with Tarnished Brass distress paint, grunged up a bit with black acrylic paint and caught with vintage gold wax. Aswell as the word 'letters' I also added metal brads to each of the corners the plate.


For the 'carry bar' I got the old hacksaw out and cut some dowel to the required length, painted it black and then covered it with a spare piece of the 'Abandoned' paper


To acknowledge where the bar met the inner sides of the caddy I added a couple of Tim Holtz Ideology nail heads  to the relevant points on  the outer sides of the caddy. 



My 'Letter Caddy' was then ready to 'receive' some letters and serve as a practical, grungy piece of home decor, that I'm going to happily use and display in my home. 

Products used:
That's Crafty! White/ Greyboard Tags #8
That's Crafty! Greyboard Long Tags
That's Crafty! Craftyboard : Bookmarks
That's Crafty! Craftyboard: Alphabet 2
Card
Tim Holtz Abandoned Paper Pad
That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Adhesive
Tim Holtz Distress Paint: Ground Espresso, Black Soot, Tarnished Brass (other paint brands could also be used-see here for some of the paints That's Crafty! carry
Prima Finnabair Art Alchemy Metallique Wax: Vintage Gold 
Tim Holtz Ideology: Metal Fastenings, Nail Heads
Paper Trimmer/Scorer 
Paper Scoring Tool 
Scissors
Paint Brush
Nail file
Dowel
I hope you have enjoyed your time with me today . Thanks for stopping by.
Wishing you a fun creative week ahead
Take care
Amanda
x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love this Amanda, great design and those papers are just wonderful! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne for stopping by and for your kind words. Coming from you the 'Queen of 3D the mean alot! I agree, the papers are pretty special. Especially like this one
      hugs
      A x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook