Be Your Own Hero by Fliss Goodwin

11:24


Hello and welcome to my blog post for this week and I have another bit of steampunk to share as I really love this absolutely gorgeous MDF frames that made their debut on Hochanda earlier this month.

Step by Step:

The first step was to add liberal dabs of taexture sand paste around the edges of the top and bottom boiler sections and then on the connecting pipes.

Once the paste was dry, I painted everything with a mix of multi surface paints, using black, grey, orange, copper metallic and charcoal shimmer paint. I put the colours on a plastic plate and picked the colours up randomly, adding dabs to the surface.

I then took the alphabet stencil and used black texture paste to add a pattern in the centre of both the boiler sections.

I grunged up a lot of cogs and gears in various sizes, some MDF and some craftyboard, starting with dabs of texture sand paste followed with dabs of multi surface paints - ocean, orange, grey, black and metallic copper.

I stamped my chosen steampunk darling and the cute owl on kraft paper and coloured both with coloured pencils using blending fluid with paper stumps to blend the shades. I cut the images out.

I decided to make my girl into a superhero by adding some wings which are craftyboard painted with bronze pearl ink. Once dry, I drew on them with a narrow embossing tool to add textured lines.

I assembled my boiler house using a mix of That's Crafty! multi purpose adhesive and 3D silicone glue. I finished off with my chosen text which I stamped on paper with black ink, adding detail with a white pen before cutting into tiles to stick on.





Supplies:

That's Crafty! MDF Boiler House Frame
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Steampunk Darlings Set 1 by Kelly Horton
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Steampunk Darlings Accessories Set 1 by Kelly Horton
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Numbers and Scripts
That's Crafty! Texture Sand Paste
That's Crafty! Black Texture Paste
That's Crafty! 6 x 6ins Stencil - TC60038 Alphabet
That's Crafty! A4 Paper Packs - Perfect Backgrounds Set 2 by Amanda Southern
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints
That's Crafty! Charcoal Shimmer Paint
That's Crafty! Craftyboard - Cogtastic
That's Crafty! Craftyboard - Wings

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook