Strange Little Girl by Amanda Southern

11:00



Hi Everyone





I have a journal spread to share with you this week in my attempt to use the many journals that I own. Time has been against me this week, life has just been getting in the way, well work really. This double page spread has been created over many days where I’ve just had time to add a layer or texture and as such has taken me all week to complete.



Here’s What I Did:


These pages are created using layer upon layer of paints, stencils, textures paint in black and white for a mono tone look. I started sticking a selection of tags onto the page and then just randomly smearing of some white gesso. I then stencilled the dots again with gesso. Over several day’s I just kept adding to the pages just adding white or black paint through a selection of stencils. I have added crackle paint through the chevron stencil for even more texture. I have added paint rings in black and white using a selection of different sized bottle tops that I have.




Here you can see the different textures and build-up of layers.



I then have added some washi tapes, I stamped a couple of Seth Apters word circles.  I have also die cut some of Seths dies in black card and added them to the spread. Finally, I added my image, one of Tim’s paper dolls and the words are from Tim’s clippings. In-fact I just kept adding till I was happy with how it all built up.






Here’s What I Used:


Black Dylusions Journal
Dylusions Paints - Black & White
Dina Wakley Stencils – Bullseye & Affirmations
Tim Holtz Stencils – Chevrons, Dot Fade & Cargo
Seth Apter Spellbinders Dies – Sunburst & Drip Drop
Die Cutting Machine
Washi Tapes from my stash (Chevron & tape measure)
Different sized plastic caps

I’ll see you all next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. This is a great way to build up the journal page Amanda, I know you probably felt at the time your time was limited but it's like a creative journal diary with each layer acting as a thought or prompt of the day. I love your mono tone theme it's so effective. Fabulous..
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Amanda, love how,you have built up all the layers and textures. Love the monochromatic too. Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a remarkable background, Amanda, wonderful layers and textures, and the girl there ,-radiating light and love , beautiful !!
    Hugs, Dorthe , xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may have taken time, but it was so worth it. The layers and textures and the bold graphic shapes and structures really pack a punch in the strong b&w&grey palette.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my all time fave Journal spreads, Amanda . Considered clever creativity that really packs a punch . Stunning . x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous pages Amanda, so much wonderful texture and detail and love the monochrome palette too. Just fab!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fantastic creation CC, amazing the level of details you’ve achieved, one of my new favourites
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this, it pulled me in wanting to study the layers. Find this to be so inspirational.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook