Sprinkle Starlight by Dorthe Hansen

11:00


A fairytale, Monday creation, for That’s Blogging Crafty! J and hello to you friends.






This little story started on a Surfaces, white/greyboard postcard panel with rounded corners, onto which I first added Iced Spruce Distress Oxide all over. After dried, the beautiful stencil, Bare Tree, was placed in the right side card, onto which I smeared Texture Paste. The stencil was lifted away and I then used a toothpick to draw the tree patterns onto its trunk and left to dry totally.






In between, I painted the flower and the new little fairy – the flower with Iced Spruce, Chestnut Brown and a little Metallic gold and the fairy with Chestnut Brown mixed with white, to make a skin colour and then she was painted with the Metallic Copper and details drawn with black fine liner, her wings stamped with Texture Stamp Set, Set 2 – the crackle pattern. Two greyboard snowflakes were also painted with the Metallic Gold and left to dry!





I hope the shine of these amazing paints can be seen, so difficult to catch, on the grey days we have !!!

After the tree has totally dried, I also painted it with Metallic Gold and smeared the paint out to give the illusion of a crown or star shine. Chestnut Brown was added to give shadows, around and under the tree and I painted rays lighting from the star and with the Dinky Star stencil, added a few stars here and there, using a Faber Castell copper pen.

One of Lynne’s Affirmations was stamped onto a used tea bag and adhered to a scratch of fabric. The fairy was dressed in a blinking tulle skirt and flower lace painted with the same paint I made for the fairy skin, was adhered on the bottom of the card, together with the flower. A little gold paint and a piece of the tulle has given shine to them.






Lastly the stars and fairy were all adhered to the top card, she’s flying past the stars, sending their wonderful shine onto the earth ---- and the Affirmation was placed between fairy and flowers!!

Thank you if following me to the end of my story, I wish you all a lovely new week.

Hugs and love 

Dorthe

Materials used:


That’s Crafty! Stencils: Bare Tree TC7007, Dinky: Stars
That’s Crafty! Surfaces Bits & Pieces Greyboard: Small Funky Flower, Snowflakes, Fairy from Fairies, Moon and Stars
That’s Crafty! Multi Surface Paint: Chestnut Brown, White, Metallic Gold, Metallic Bronze
That’s Crafty! Texure Paste
Sizzix Embossing Folder: Paisley
Faber Castell Pen Copper
And from my stash: Used tea-bag, old lace, fabric and tulle with golden glitter

You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. You have used that winning combination of the brown and gold multi surface paints Dorthe, they were made to be together. From textured tree to embellished greyboard fairy you have created a charming display full of sparkle.
    I love how you lead us through from start to finish and I always feel a little sad when it ends on a Monday.
    Hugs & Wishes Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous Dorthe. Begins to get me excited for winter work, and that is a good thing. As,always I love the color combinations and texture. Love you most, Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Robin, thank you sweet friend, for your kind visit here - and love you most, too - Dorthe

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Melina , so much !!
      Hugs, Dorthe , xx

      Delete
  4. This is absolutely stunning Dorthe! Your tree looks so true to life and the fairy so pretty in her tulle skirt. The colours and textures all look so beautiful and I really loved your story behind it too.
    Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Fliss, thank you , the real tone of the gold, is much warmer, that on my pictures, but that is life , when photographing I think ...
      Your kind words, mean a lot to me, thank you very much, sweet lady !!
      Hugs, Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  5. Oh she’s absolutely delightful Dorthe and looks right at home in her fab setting. I also love her pretty little skirt too, soooo cute!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Donna, you are so supportive, thank you dear ,sweet lady .
      Hugs, Dorthe,xx

      Delete
  6. An enchanting make Dorthe
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your magical make, Dorthe! I think winter fairies must be gathering at the moment as the seasons change. Your project reminds me of the the frost fronds that form and make windows into magical lands. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely magical Dorthe! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alison , so kind of you. Hugs,
      Dorthe-
      Xxx

      Delete
  9. I love it all, but especially that little sprite's skirt. Genius, I say!

    Happy Autumn.
    xo
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Sue, you are so kind.
      A happy autumn to you, too-
      Hugs, Dorthe

      Delete
  10. This is so lovely, Dorthe - the tree bark and the tiny skirt on your tree sprite are my favourite elements, but the whole thing works beautifully together.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison, so happy for your visit, and thank you for your kind words, dear.
      Hugs, Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  11. I love the fairy, she is a sweet thing! Beautiful art Dorthe,

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is lovely, Dorthe. Thanks for more beautiful art to start my day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a delicately beautiful piece, Dorthe! It reminds me of how you 'Sprinkle Starlight' on everyone around you. xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a wonderfully magical story dear Dorthe! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook