Winter Moon by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hi there, I have a frosty offering this week as I thought I would share the other card I made for the last Hochanda shows. This one is a Christmas card with a difference featuring one of the gorgeous new greyboard shapes.







Ingredients:


That’s Crafty! Bits and Pieces Greyboard Sheets – Fairies and Wings, Small Snowflakes
That’s Crafty! Shimmer Paints – Dark Blue, Pearl, Pink, Purple, Turquoise
Clear Embossing Ink – I used the Ranger Emboss It Dabber
Silver Cardstock


Recipe:



I first made the background paper using a rather messy but fun method. All I did was to add dots of all of the Shimmer Paints and some gesso to my craft mat. I then spread the colours with my fingers (the messy bit!) and pressed on a piece of mixed media paper cut to fit my card blank. As the colour was quite thick, I pressed another square on top and transferred some of the paint to that – 2 for the price of one!





As you can see from the above sample, the effect is a bit like frosting which is perfect for Winter cards.

I next added a snowflake pattern to my painted paper using the stencil and the embossing dabber. I did this a couple at a time, sprinkling on white embossing powder and heat setting before carrying on. As the stencil is quite large, it stops the powder getting knocked off

I then painted the largest girl on moon embellishment with several coats of white gesso, drying in between. Once the greyboard was completely covered, I heat embossing her with the sparkly embossing powder, again adding several coats. I painted and embossed several snowflakes in the same way.

I stamped the Christmas sentiment on a scarp of mixed media paper with the bright pink ink and cut the words out. I brushed on a wash of pink shimmer paint and when it was dry, brushed on a coat of glitter glue.

I assembled all the elements on my card after gluing on the background paper with a mat of silver card and finished of with a sprinkle of self-adhesive sparkly gems.
  

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Your moon girl looks gorgeous against the fantastic frosty background, Fliss, and I can see how she blows little wonders of twinkling snowflakes into the cold air, from where they will fall silently to the ground, and create a white magic world. So beautiful made!!
    Hugs, Dorthe. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dorthe and glad you like my frosty background which I loved creating.
      Fliss xxx

      Delete
  2. Love this background Fliss, always good for the soul to have a messy play day. Great idea to transfer the excess paint to make duplicate print. The Fairy sat sweetly in the moon looks so at home blowing her fairy magic on us all..
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore your card Fliss, the background is delightfully dreamy
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much icy prettiness - this is charming, Fliss.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fliss, there is something so delicate about this - so pretty.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Fliss, what an amazing background xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Fliss this is magical! The background is so gorgeous - a fab technique - and perfect for the beautiful fairy! I love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook