Just a Note by Tracey Fairgrieve

11:00


Hello everyone, it's my turn today to share some That's Crafty! Creativity.
I've been making books this week, all different shapes and sizes, the one I am about to share came about when I found a heart previously prepared and mislaid way back in August so using it was long overdue.


Here is my *Just a note* book created using that very same heart and those how to do's.

  




Using two white/greyboard panels (2) I scraped on Antique Gold, Bronze and Copper Multi Surface Paint with a palette knife and dried with a heat tool to bubble up those textures.






I dulled down the sheen by dry brushing Chestnut Brown in some areas 
                   allowing the shimmer of  the metallic paints to peep through.                            





The found heart was created at the same time as my Jewellery Hanger so the build and blend of Multi Surface Paints is the same, *Brown, Red and Bronze* apart from the addition of some lace and an overlay of crackle paint.

Eyelets have been attached with a Crop-A-Dile to stop wear and tear and 
papers recycled from an old exercise book cut to size to create this new one. 






I added chain and a hand crafted wire Treble Clef for detail 
before gluing the heart on the cover of the note book.






The book is held together with three Tim Holtz mini book rings
with a chunky triangular pencil cut down to size and attached with wire and chain.
It slots perfectly into those rings.






The added words go with the *Note*...

Thank you for sharing your time again,
I look forward to sharing some more of mine 
with you all again next Thursday.

Take care everyone & Stay Safe

Creative Hugs
Tracey xx

Crafty Supplies:


That's Crafty! Surfaces White/Greyboard Panels (2)
That's Crafty! Surfaces White/Greyboard Hearts
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Metallics
We R Memory Keepers - Crop -A- Dile
That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Glue
Tim Holtz - Mini Book Rings
Chains, wire, lace and pencil from stash

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. It is a stunning cover, Tracey, I LOVE how you created the front, with the heart, and all the texture , of rust and shine ,------the texture on the heart, and the use of lace gives it a fantastic look, I want to touch .
    Perfect creation.
    Hugs, Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you like it Dorthe, it always amazed me how a little bit of lace can add so much detail to a project. Thank you for your uplifting comments today xx

      Delete
  2. This is really stunning Tracey. Such wonderful texture and colour and a very creative use of those panels too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Fliss, that heart seemed a perfect fit for the panel piece xx

      Delete
  3. Fabulous little book, love the heart
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really love this Tracey, I just wish I could touch all that yummy texture though!!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unbelievably cool with so much incredible metallic texture! A big wow Tracey! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Autumn, so glad you came over to take a closer look xx

      Delete
  6. What fabulous textures on both the book covers and the heart. I just love the chain detail with the eyelets, and then the matching eyelets for the binding. Brilliant!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison, I really did enjoy putting this one together xx

      Delete
  7. Tracey, this is wonderful - I love notebooks, making notebooks so this ticked all the boxes for me.
    Our minds have been working in parallel because notebooks, hearts and eyelets have been on my work space!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynne, I love it when ideas collide.. The power of *Creative Chemistry!!* The heart was just made for those panels and I was so glad I found it again xx

      Delete
  8. This is really lovely Tracey, I just want to stroke it lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to be a fly on the wall of your craft room, NO, I would love to be in your craft room as you create these magical mind blowing creations.xxx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haa haa... Oh no Annie, I would just lose you like everything else in there :)) Thank you for popping in, always good to see you xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook