Winter Sunshine by Donna Gray

11:00


Hi everyone,

Donna here today with a tag featuring a fab That’s Crafty! greyboard tree embellishment as the star of the tag.






What I did:


I took a size 8 manila tag and swooshed it through a mixture of red and orange Distress Oxides’ that were diluted on my craft mat. 

I kept adding and blotting until I was satisfied with the background, then I heat dried it thoroughly.

The swirly little circles were stamped in the same red shade of Distress Oxide using a hand carved stamp of mine, I just wanted something subtle to add interest to the background without detracting from the sentiment or the tree.

I then stamped the fab new sentiment from Alison Bomber with black Archival ink, I really can’t resist adding sentiments to everything I make!!

The ‘sun’ was dipped into the little pool of Distress Oxides I had left over, this was made from some waxy packaging I had.

As for the greyboard tree, I covered it with a coat of a new wonderful That’s Crafty! rough texture paste (coming soon), applied with a palette knife to resemble rough tree bark. It was then coloured with a mixture of DecoArt and That’s Crafty! paints with a touch of a black Gelato too.

For the finishing touches, I added a little bit of Distress Crayon to ‘ground’ the tree, added a piece of raffia and then added a touch of Stickles to give the whole tag a frosty look.

I’m quite pleased with how this turned out, a walk in the blazing sunshine of a Winter’s day…what could be nicer!


Supplies Used:


That’s Crafty! Texture Pastes (coming soon)


Hope you like it

Donna x

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Absolutely gorgeous tag Donna. The background is fabulously bright and the beautiful tree really pops against it. Love Alison's quote too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How apt your tag is today as it’s been boiling, you couldn’t plan that. Love it when art mirrors life. Beautiful warm colours on this one for your fab tag
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such richness in these colours, it's like Autumn turns to Winter within a single glance. Beautiful way to introduce your hand carved flower stamp. Lovely tag Donna.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo this is lovely Donna, gorgeous colours and I love the raffia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag Donna! Love the tree and the fantastic background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag Donna!!!! LOVE it!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such amazing tag, Donna, it really speaks of sun burn and nature wonders, I love the sun even shines through earth, to the other side of our planet. And the tree, is beautiful, with the little rest of frosted snow on the branches , now melting away !! So very fantastic,dear. Hugs ,Dorthe, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzer - stunning fiery background - the bare tree looks amazing against that blazing winter sunshine.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tag Donna. Love the colour and that verse.
    Bev. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook