The Layers of Your Life by Lynne Moncrieff

11:00


This week, I combined pieces of re-cycled this and that onto a That’s Crafty MDF tag, I also paired one of the new Affirmation stamps “Unravel the layers of your life, there is a story within” with one of my favourite stamps from 2017, PaperArtsy EEA, faces stamp.  The three faces could belong to one family and it got me thinking about the layers of our lives and how the past is connected with the present, in our family trees, our DNA.  





Supplies


Old Paintbrush
Infusions - Rusty Car, Sleight Blue
Extras: Coconut button, twine, stained calico (bow), twig, tassel trim, re-cycled silk sari ribbon, re-cycled corrugated cardboard packaging, teabag paper, re-cycled brown packing paper, old crochet lace


Instructions


Apply Rust Finish Kit to MDF tag – I had only a small amount remaining in both bottles and had to dilute each with water to ensure I had enough to cover the MDF tag. I was impressed that it did not weaken the rust effect.  

Onto scrap of re-cycled brown packing paper, dab the paintbrush used for applying rust kit to tag, continue by applying to three stars (Relics & Artifacts German Scrap) and old crochet lace. Onto pieces of re-cycled corrugated cardboard, apply a combination of the rust, Gesso and Infusions. Leave all to dry.

Meanwhile, stamp Affirmation onto teabag paper. Ink up the same Affirmation, this time with Staz-on, stamping onto other pieces of torn teabag paper – this time the effect will be subtle. 






Begin to assemble tag by adhering piece of tassel trim to bottom edge. Stamp faces from EEA06 onto the prepared piece of brown packing paper, with Staz-on. Layer to tag with the prepared corrugated cardboard, pieces of stamped teabag paper, rusted stars and scraps of silk sari ribbon. Thread coconut button with jute twine, layering to upper corner with silk sari ribbon and scrap of rusted paper. 






Layer main stamped Affirmation to tag. Loosely wrap jute twine around piece of twig, adhering beneath Affirmation with piece of rusted crochet lace. Finally, embellish top of tag by tying stained calico into bow. 

Thank You for the lovely response to the new Affirmation stamp sets. Please, if you are on Facebook, share any of your art which features the Affirmations, both old and new and tag me so that I do not miss viewing your art. I am not on FB daily but I would love to see your creations.


Wishes

Lynne

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. amazing design and I just love the layers you have created here Lynne x Hoping to play with your new stamps later today xx
    Thank You for the inspiration

    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous project ! I absolutely love it !
    Corrie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that PA photo strip and you've given it a glorious vintage setting here, Lynne - beautiful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous tag , dear friend. I so admire your way of combining old with new altered pieces, like you also did here. The little fibers and nature pieces all gives the feeling of wonderful life in your art .
    And your own beautiful Affirmation , is perfect, here-
    I love your creation Lynne-
    Dorthe, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you’ve incorporated the photo strip stamp within you tag, lovely make
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore this one Lynne, I love all the touches you always add so artfully, they always look like they naturally belong there
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful way to start my day Lynne, so much to explore and see within it and I know that each piece has been attached with love and care. I love that sentiment, so much truth with words.
    Hugs & Wishes Tracey x













    ReplyDelete
  8. So very beautiful Lynne! I do love your thoughts on the quote and family- you tie things together so beautifully!
    Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous shabby chic and vintage style creation Lynne. Beautiful details and love the embellishing.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to each and everyone of you for your lovely words of support. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook