The Grave Digger by Amanda Southern

11:00


Hi Everyone

Well as we are now in the month of Halloween when spooky scary things happen I have a scary tag for you this week.






Starting with a size 8# manila tag I coloured the tag using Distress Oxides, Frayed Burlap, Black Soot & Spiced Marmalade. Each colour was added individually by adding to my craft mat and misting with water then dragging the tag through, on each drag through a colour I dried the tag with a heat gun till I had the effect that I wanted. I stamped the zombie image onto the tag using black Archival ink and then using a water brush took off some of the Distress Oxide colour by adding water with the brush and dabbing with kitchen paper. I then added a little shading using coloured pencils. I had die cut the grave stones from Core’dinations black card and the railings and gate from black card. I sanded back the grave stones revealing the kraft core and added some grey coloured pencil to highlight the moonlight catching the stones. The railings and gate I added some of the Distress Oxides left over on my craft mat. I then glued them all to the tag.






I stamped the word Fear using the Frayed Burlap Oxide, the bats were stencilled on using black Archival ink and the 31 is a Tim Holtz Remnant Rub, it was actually the number 13 but I cut it in half and made it 31. I edged the tag with Vintage Photo Distress Ink using a blending tool. The sentiment is from Tim’s Halloween Clippings and the tag is tied with some of Tim’s trimmings that have been coloured slightly with Oxides.


Here’s What I Used:


Distress Oxides – Frayed Burlap, Black Soot, Spiced Marmalade
Tim Holtz – Trimmings
Core’dinations Black card
Die Cutting Machine

Thanks and I’ll see you next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Oooooooh spookalicious, this is spine chillingly awesome :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOOOOOOOOh Amanda, he is truly, not someone I would like to meet a dark night !! soooo amazing and scary ,scary !!
    Hugs ,
    Dorthe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastically spooky tag Amanda and awesome chilling effects on there. The colours and detail are amazing.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Scary. Not someone I'd like to meet on a dark night. Fantastic creation.
    Bev. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's a magnificent stamp Amanda, love how you've built up your scene & the core-dinations card gives great texture to your die cuts.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly spine-chilling! He's a terrifying grave-digger from beyond the grave. I love the light falling on the gravestones, and the ironwork looks great in the foreground. Fabulous Oxide layers to create that queasy background - a brilliant Halloween tag!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook