Wishing You a Spooky Halloween by Amanda Southern

11:00


Hi everyone

I’d like to wish you all a very scary day and that’s just because today is Halloween!!,
and with that my final spooky make and I think my favourite so far.







Here’s What I Did:


This is a one layer card so I have worked directly onto a card base of heavy matte cardstock, you could of course make your own from mixed media card or watercolour card or similar that can take minimal water.

I wanted to wrap the scene around the card so there is design front and back. The first stage was to stamp all the skulls which is a strip stamp from Carabelle Studio, I used a stamping platform to do this as it is easier to get the stamp straight. Once stamped I then masked the skulls with masking gum to allow the colour to be added without getting any on the skulls. My design revolves around the circle which goes across the fold. I started adding my background colour by cutting a circle from acetate and adding colour to the card directly from the acetate.







Around the die cut circle I lightly misted some water, into that I lightly sprinkled a selection of colours of Infusions. I then lay the acetate, Infusions side down, onto my card blank to added the colour and leave the circle empty. I then dried the Infusions with a heat gun. I then blended Distress Inks into the circle to create a moon effect, extending the colours over the Infusions keeping it lighter in the centre. I sprinkled on water to bleach out some colour in places then blended over hopefully making it look more like the moon. I then again die cut into acetate to create another stencil, this time using the grave stone dies, I then used Distress Ink again to add the stencilled grave stones in front of the moon. I then stamped the flying raven in black over the moon.






Making sure all that was dry I removed the masking gum from the skulls and then coloured them using coloured pencils adding a little shadow underneath them to ground them to the scene. To finish I stamped the sentiment.






What I Used:


Heavy Duty Card Blank or similar made yourself from mixed media/watercolour card
Acetate Sheets
Circle Die & Die Cutting Machine
PaperArtsy Infusions – Rusty Car, Black Knight, Violet Storms
Distress Inks – Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Hickory Smoke
Tim Holtz Stamps – Ravens & Monsterous


Have a wonderfully spooky day and make sure you look behind you!!

See you next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Wowzer - totally fabulous card design... I love how it's all positioned across the crease of the card. And the stamping is superb - those skulls have gone straight onto my wishlist, and I love the gravestones in the "window". Brilliant technique with the acetate Infusions stamping too. This is fantastic.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda , it is gorgeous, love the shadowed city and your skulls all around the full moon night . And fantastic to create on both front and back card !!
    Hugs, Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally amazing card Amanda! Love the spooky background and the pile of skulls is awesome.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a tutorial, you have show us how to create outside the box (or card in this case) and I love everything about it. Your use of colour is splendid really lending itself to the Halloween theme. Fabulous skulls which I too may have to keep an eye out for and such a clever way to use the acetate. So skillful Amanda a MAGNIFICENT card.
    Hugs & Warm Wishes Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word never has spooky looked so stunning!!! Absolutely love this one, totally spookalicious
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook