Out of the Hollow by Donna Gray

11:00


Hi everyone,

Donna here today with an Autumnal themed tag for you all. 






What to do:


I’m turning into a bit of a magpie when it comes to collecting bit and pieces for my crafty supplies and of course a lovely piece of thick corrugated cardboard never goes wasted in my house! So this was the substrate I used for the tag, I just traced around a size 8 tag to get the shape as I didn’t want it too perfect.

I then painted it with a mixture of DecoArt paints in Autumnal colours and then dried thoroughly.

I added a little stamping to the background with a That’s Crafty! texture stamp using black Archival ink, then applied a layer of DecoArt Crackle Paste to it and put to one side to let it dry.

Using the fab die set from Tim Holtz I cut the raven and feathers with it from some scraps of Gelli printed paper I had in my stash. Sometimes if a Gelli print doesn’t turn out like you hoped, keep it, as it may be useful for using for future die cuts.

Before you stick the die cuts on the tag, take a white Posca pen and tap it to splatter the white dots over the background, this is a really good way of creating those splatters without making too much mess!

Now adhere the die cuts, add some buttons, tie a loose bow with raffia and add a Tim Holtz sentiment as a finishing touch.

Doesn’t Autumn lend itself to so many ideas for us crafters.


Supplies Used:




Hope you like it

Donna x

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. OMG - absolutely fantastic ! What a great make!!!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A BEAUTIFUL Fall tag, Donna! I always love reading the creative ways you think of to create your masterpieces. I got my Posca pen but haven’t even taken time to open it yet. I did an “Ohhh!” when I read I could use it to make spatters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply love this Donna, it has everything to make it a stunning autumn card. The colors are perfect and your chosen die cuts so beautiful!!
    The gelli printed left over , is gorgeous for both feathers and bird !! It takes a crafty eye, to in advance ,see, the bird getting almost feathers and wings, from the pattern in the print, and you surely have that !! Love the raffia ,too, which adds to the nature feeling.
    A so wonderful tag , dear .
    Hugs ,Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderfully textured tag Donna. Gorgeous detail on the raven and feathers and love the raffia bow embellishment.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is spectacular Donna, love those woody colours and build up of layers. Along with those chosen elements from your crafty stash you have created a beautiful piece of art. Fab Tag.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow - I just love this - crackle, raffia, great die-cuts with beautiful composition and all in that wonderfully earthy autumn colour palette - magic!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, I love this and I had to smile because I cannot resist storing cardboard, it is too precious not to save it from the re-cycle bin.
    You definitely captured Autumn both in colour and in textures - stunning.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgous Donna, I love the crackle (and I save cardboard too) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is incredible!!! One of my favorite tags this year. Love love! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook