Autumn Fairy by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hi there, I hope you caught the first of the That’s Crafty! shows on Hochanda today and the second one is now on but if you missed them both, never fear as there’s always rewind. I have one of my samples to share with you now and it also serves as inspiration for the current Forever Autumn challenge over at our challenge blog, which has a week still to run.






Ingredients:


That’s Crafty! Multi Surface Paints – Chestnut Brown, Metallic Bronze, Christmas Red, Green, Yellow
That’s Crafty! Shimmer Paints – Antique Gold, Metallic Copper, Orange


Recipe:


I took one look at the wings of this particular fairy and they shouted Autumn leaves at me which is why the end result was an Autumn fairy!

I made the background first by adding dabs of Yellow, Orange, Red and Copper paints to my craft mat and misted them with water. I then dipped in a piece of mixed media paper cut to fit my card blank and repeated until I was happy with the effect, drying in between with my heat gun.

I then used the Skeleton Leaf stencil with the Bronze, Gold, Copper and Green paints to add a pattern to the painted paper. The Bronze paint is quite thick and as I applied it with a slightly heavy hand, ran in places but I rather like the effect as it looks a bit like disintegrating leaves.

I painted the fairy with the Chestnut Brown paint first and then painted the wings with Copper, Bronze and Gold to look like Autumn leaves. As my paper looked as if there was a little sunlight in the centre, I gave the fairy a flush of gold on the left hand side to make her look bathed in sunlight.

I stamped the lovely quote from one of Lynne’s new Affirmations sets (there are 4 new ones!!!) on a scrap of mixed media paper with the brown ink. I cut out the words as you see, adding a slight was of the leftover paint and outlining the tiles with the brown ink. I stuck these to the paper and added this to my card blank then glued on the fairy to finish.


Have a great weekend and see you next week.


Fliss x

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. It is gorgeous Fliss, such beautiful colors you built up, and the fairy also having changed to here autumn wings :-)
    Wonderful layers of wings , dear.
    Hugs, Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous autumn fairy, just seen it on TV as I’m playing catch up.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely delightful Fliss, a truly beautiful Autumnal garden fairy
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh she did shimmer and shine on TV Fliss, that flicker of gold makes her appear to be following the brightness in your background. Beautiful.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful piece with that autumn fairy ❤️🍁

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous autumn fairy and a wonderful background. Love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook