Tag Art by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

As promised I have my set of collaged tags that were inside last week's matchbox to share this week and they are in fact really easy to create.

Step by Step:

I wanted my tags to be bright and cheerful so I decided on a background of some of my favourite shades of That's Crafty! Flat Matte Sprays. These are my go to supply for an almost instant background.

Here they are and the colours I used are listed below from left to right, each one having 2 shades on it:

Tomato and Orange
Bluebell and Aqua
Saffron and Orange
Basil and Grass Green
Raspberry and Rose

Once they were dry, I took one of Melina's new mask designs and placed this on the first tag. I misted Black Purple Flat Matte Sprays very lightly over the mask and then pressed the inky mask on the next tag, leaving a subtle pattern. I repeated this with the other tags, ending up with 2 that had inky mask pressing on them as you can see above.

I then set above adding some papers, using some of the leftovers from my other projects and choosing those that contrasted with the background colours. Who knew that paper tearing could be so therapeutic! This is what I did, gluing a couple of pieces on each tag as you'll see on the photos below.

I stamped all of the flowers from set 3 of the new Funky Flowers designs from Melina together with some leaves. I used black ink and That's Crafty! smooth stamping paper which is fabulous and guarantees a great impression every time. I added colour to 3 of the flowers with markers and left 2 uncoloured. Colours were chosen to contrast with the respective tags. The leaves were all coloured too. I then cut everything out.
 
I glued the flowers in place and added text cut out from the collage papers where it didn't appear in the background.
 
Here are the promised photos of the tags individually.
 





Supplies:


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. WoW, I love these tags. Thank You Fliss a great step by step and blog post. Such beautiful colors and I "LOVE" the flowers You really made my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment Sylvia and you've actually made my day with such encouraging words.
      Fliss xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook