Always! by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone and Welcome 

As it was Valentines day at the start of the week I thought for todays post I'd make a layered 'heart' plaque that is a project primarily based around 'paper crafting' with designer/ scrapbook papers. 
It's a quick and easy make that will allow you to showcase some of your favourite papers and if you are anything like me you will have more than a few to draw from.


The 3 hearts are That's Crafty! White/Greyboard hearts in differing sizes: #8, #3, #1. I love the shape of the hearts  and how they look when layered together as I have done on this occasion. 

Deciding on which of my many papers to use was probably the hardest part of the creativity - decisions, decisions!
After much 'umming' and 'arring' I settled on one from 13Arts 'Until Dawn' paper pad collection designed by Aida Domisiewicz. 


I covered all three hearts with my chosen paper using That's Crafty! Multi Surface Craft Adhesive and trimmed and sanded back any excess paper with scissors/sanding block. 

The paper covered hearts were caught around their shape with black acrylic paint. 

To add just a touch of extra detail to each of the hearts I added some black ink stamping using the script stamp from That's Crafty! stamp set by Melina Dahl: 'Funky flowers Set 1'.


Whilst some Tim Holtz Dstress Texture Paste through AALL & Creates 'Heapz Hexagonz' stencil gave each of the hearts some subtle texture.  


To enhance the white textured hexagons I caught the top of then with black acrylic paint and a light touch of silver wax.  


The hearts were then adhered together one on top of the other and in the centre of the small heart I added a focal stamped and embossed moth.
  The moth is from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Moth Study stamp set. 
The word 'Always' positioned beneath.  


 Manipulating the wings of the moth helps give it a sense of movement and when rested on the circle the impression that it's about to fly. 


Along with the stacked hearts both give the finished piece some lovely dimension. 



Products used: 

I hope you've enjoyed your time here today - thanks for stopping by. 
Have a  fun creative weekend 
Take Care
Amanda 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook