All Boxed Up by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 


Hello!

I hope you caught the shows this week with the amazing new designs from Melina Dahl and can't tell you just how much I've enjoyed being able to play with these gorgeous goodies.

I have my first sample to share this week which was the giant matchbox substrate made from MDF that you can decorate up to make your own.


Step by Step:

I assembled the inner box and the outer cover first, gluing all the pieces together with That's Crafty! multi purpose adhesive which has a fine nozzle perfect for sticking the MDF sections together.

I then painted the inside and outside of the inner box with purple multi surface paint. Once it was dry I placed one of the new masks from Melina on each side in turn and misted on blackberry flat matte spray. This gave a subtle pattern to the surfaces.

I painted all sides of the outer cover with metallic purple multi surface paint and set the piece aside to dry thoroughly.

I next worked on the papers I wanted to cover the outer cover with, choosing one of the amazing new collage papers with a purple flower on, the perfect focal point for the top of the box. I placed the box over the area that I wanted to use and marked the corners with a pencil. I then used a steel ruler to tear out the piece, using the dots I marked as a guide.

I added some stamping around the edges of the paper using black ink and the scallop border image from set 4 of Melina's Funky Flowers. I added one of Lynne's Affirmations that I found lurking in my stash as it seemed to fit the theme perfectly. 

I chose more sections of the collage paper for the box sides and tore these out in the same way. I added a touch of stamping using the same scallop border and also stamped a flower head from stamp set 3 on smooth white card with black ink. I glued 2 whole flowers to the side scetions and just half a flower to the top, saving the remaining half for another project. I inked the edges of the paper panels with black ink and glued them in place.






Supplies:

 
 
Next week I'll be sharing how I created the bright and cheery tags which I made to fit in the box.
 
Until then, have a great weekend.
 
Fliss x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook