Embrace Everyday by Amanda Pink

11:00

Hi Everyone  and Welcome

Today I am sharing a piece of 'Art on the Round' that I've created with  acrylic paints, stamps and of course the ideal surface for this piece - a That's Crafty! MDF 6 inch round. 

If you haven't already invested in any of That's Crafty's MDF surfaces I can highly recommend them and the term 'invest' isn't wasted on any of That's Crafty! MDF range. There are lots of of designs available and they can be found in the shop here.  

I actually worked ' off' the MDF round on That's Crafty Ultra Smooth White Card. 

I cut the card into individual 'tiles' just a little bigger than the image I would be stamping on them.  Working with one card 'tile' at a time and using a stamping platform  I stamped the 'tile' with one of Tracy Scotts stamp designs from her PaperArtsy stampset TS050. 

Keeping the stamped 'tile' and stamp in position on my platform I then coloured the design with Dina Wakley heavy body acrylic paints (Sky, Lemon, Lime, Lapis).  Using a stamping platform and leaving both the 'tile' and stamp in 'situ' while painting allowed for me to  overstamp the initial stamp design with precision  for clarity after painting. 

With one 'tile' stamped and coloured I moved on to the next, repeating the process until I had enough  'tiles' (plus a few extras) to cover the MDF round. 
All the sides of the 'tiles' were caught very lightly with Tim Holtz distress ink (Broken China). 

The 'tiles' were adhered to the MDF round working from the centre out using That's Crafty's multi- surface craft adhesive - a super adhesive all round and ideal for MDF !  Square 'tiles' meeting round MDF inevitably means there would be excess.  This was simply trimmed off and sanded back. 

I caught the circumference of the 'tiled' MDF round with black acrylic paint before mounting the round onto a pre cut circle of black painted card.


To spotlight the central 'tile'  I covered it with a black die cut square and topped it with a That's Crafty! craftyboard twinchie covered with one of the extra 'tiles' I'd created. 
 I added embellishments to the 4 corners of the die cut and a couple of 13Arts small stickers heeding some very wise words: 
'EMBRACE EVERYDAY!'


 To give the spotlighted 'tile' (other than the little offered by the craftyboard) some dimension I cut out the centre flower from another of the extra 'tiles, manipulated it with fingers to give it some form, adhered it on top of  the 'spotlighted 'tile''s central flower and added an embellishment to the pistel. 


To finish:  an  angled shot from above of my 'Embrace Everyday' MDF round. 



13Arts Small Stickers
Paper Trimmer
Sanding Block 

Hope you've enjoyed your time here with me today and that maybe I've offered some 'Art on the Round' inspiration. 
Thanks for taking the the time to pop by - appreciated ! 
Until the next time 
Take care 
Amanda 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook