Spring Bunny by Helen Chilton

11:00

 
I'm working in an art journal today, inspired by this rabbit by Melina. It started life a different colour, but I changed it to suit the background.
This was a random page that I'd brayered extra paint onto.


I added some black spots.


I then covered a lot of them up with the large circles.


I added a touch of green and yellow to them...


...and tried out my rabbit.

I thought he needed some grasses and flowers so pulled out Lynne's Botanical set.


I thought it was getting a bit grungy and mucky at this point so added in some paint over the top,


and then stamped some script in white. White paint stamping always brightens it up.


Then stamp some leafy plants in green paint.


I outlined these with a black pencil to give some definition and also lightened the pink flowers and added blue to some of the leaf stems.


It was at this point I decided to make the rabbit orange to pull in the orange from the background.


The word 'Flora' is from Lynne's stamp set.


There was a point where I was going to abandon this page as it looking a bit dark, but the white paint and the lime green helped to lift it out of the doldrums!

Hope you've enjoyed the process!

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook