Happiness is a decision by Gill Humphrey

11:00


The extras packs from Craft O'Clock collections are little gems - although based on the main paper collections they contain so many extra embellishments really extending the use of the main papers. For my make for this weeks blog post I have used Lost in Time 8 x 8Extras and Journal Extras along with an Arch shaped MDF Upright. 

I started by gluing paper from the paper pack to the MDF shape and then trimmed it to fit. I was careful when aligning the paper not to cover the slots that secure the two pieces together and used a file to remove extra from the slots and sandpaper to neaten the edges.

Having decorated the base I then spent a little while cutting out all of the elements that were needed to decorate the front of the piece before tryng out the layout until I was happy with the composition. I knew that I wanted to take advantage of the depth of the base and to achieve dimension used scrap cardboard built up in layers. I worked from top back to front bottom so that the lowest houses are really in the foreground. Hopefully the step by step photos will show what I mean.

Layer 1:

 

Layer 2: here I added some shredded gauze as this helps disguise the cardboard pieces when the project is looked at from the side.

 
Layer 3:

Layer 4:

 
Having set the images all in place I then place the upright into its base and used a combination of 3D  Powder small and big 3D balls (a mix of Finnabair artstones will also work) securing them in place with Matte Heavy Body Gel. Into the mix I then added a good sprinkling of Gold Glamour Sparkles. 

 

For the back of the Upright I added a pocket from the journal extras set and a tag from the 12 x 12 paper collection. 

 

I hope you have all survived the storms and have managed to find some crafty time this week and as ever if you like what I have done and create something inspired by it please tag me in your social media posts so that I can see it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook