Feel Nature by Gill Humphrey

11:00

 

I really don't do "art journalling" but the latest releases by Melina Dahl were just perfect for this style and so this project was conceived. I started with an 8" square card base and cut a 73/4" square black mat before cutting a 71/2 piece of one of the background papers in the Collage Paper Set.

I added extra detail to the background paper by very lightly adding some Black Soot ink through the Funky Arches stencil before adding a border with the squiggly stamp in Funky Flowers 4 using Faded Jeans Archival ink. 


I then added some torn scraps of collage paper and old book paper before adding a line of stamped flower images using Acorn Versafine ink varying the height of the flowers as I repeat stamped the images across the base. 


To create the focal images I stamped the tulips from Funky Flowers Set 3 onto white card stock along with the scalloped border and leaves from Funky Flowers Set 4 using Nocturne ink and heat set with clear embossing powder. The images were then coloured with Lime, Green, Red, Orange and Yellow Satin inks before cutting out. 


The images were then layered onto the back ground using the scalloped border and leaves to ground the flowers. 



I like to add a title to my work and for this I chose a die cut quote coloured with the Lime Satin Ink anchoring it in place between two Index Clips. Finally I added a third metal element using a Factory Tag element. Before mounting the background onto the black square and then the card I added splatters of Orange Satin Ink. 

I do hope you have found this tutorial helpful and as ever please share your makes inspired by it to the That's Crafty! Creatives Facebook page. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook