Catch Happiness by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone,

Today I'm sharing a mini mixed media art panel I've created using the usual mixed media supplies: paints, texture paste ( both matte and crackle), stamps, stencils, washi tape and mark making 'tools'(eg lids and old store cards).


I worked on a That's Crafty! white/greyboard panel covering it with strips of  AALL & Creates washi tape . I 'knocked back' some of the tapes design and colour with white paint applied with a paint brush wiped off in places with an 'almost dry' wet wipe.  The washi tape was to initially cover the panel - it may / maynot be seen in the finished piece as at this stage of my creativity I had no definite creative plans , I was just following my muse. 

I moved on to adding colour and for this I used Tim Holtz distress paints: Tumbled Glass, Kitsch Flamingo, Villainous Potion. The paints were applied in the the same way I had applied and 'wiped off' the white paint working with one colour at a time and drying after each. 


By now most of the washi tape design was only vaguely visible in places but for this piece I liked that as it allowed me to add some detailed stamping and mark making without it all looking too busy/ cluttered. 

For the stamping I used AALL & Creates 'Reckoner Digits' stamp designed by Tracy Evans and one of the number stamps from Katzelkraft 'Les Nombres' stampset with Jet Black Archival ink.  


The stenciling was all thanks to Tim Holtz distress texture paste applied through AAll & Creates 'Lotsa Dotz ' stencil.  For the mark making I used an old store card and tiny lid dipped in black paint. A few light splatters of white and black paint and the background was ready for its focal feature. 


For the focal feature I used Seth Apters 'Coffee Ring' die cutting two of the rings from That's Crafty's ultra Smooth white card. The die cut 'coffee rings' were then treated with some of Seth's Aladine Izink Textures: 'Crackled'. Once the cracks had formed they were caught very lightly with Villainous Potion distress paint. 

The crackled coffee rings were then ready to take their place on the background along with a small white painted circle and a Craft O'clock cardboard quote: 

'Catch Happiness'. 



Products used:

Hope you've enjoyed your time here today - appreciated thanks for popping by.
Have a fun creative week 
Take Care
Amanda 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook