Thankful Blessings! by Amanda Pink

11:00

Hello Everyone 

Welcome to my weekly DT post. 

Today I'm sharing a card that I have created using stencils and stamps from PaperArtsy along with some of Tim Holtz Distress inks. The focal flower is dimensional and rich standing proud of its more subtle background. 


The flower was created with PaperArtsy PS141 stencil designed by Tracy Scott. I only wanted half of the full flower to feature to the left of my finished card design so positioned the stencil 'off the page' securing it down with masking tape. I then stencilled the 'half' flower using Distress inks: Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge. This is one of my favourite trios as I love how the three blend so well together and create such a rich intensity of colour. 


I added some black detail stamping to the petals of the stencilled flowers using one of the stamps from PaperArtsy Eclectica  ESA13 designed by Seth Apter and outline the petals with a black fineliner pen. 


Wanting the petals to have dimension I repeated the steps above to create a second 'half' flower.
I cut each of the petals out, edged them with black ink, manipulated them slightly and adhered each of them to their matching stenciled petal. I did the same with the centre of the flower but without the dimension. 


I think the dimensional petals really 'lift' the flower and bring it to life..... 


and the dimension can be really appreciated when viewed from an angle.


To the background of the card panel I added some delicate stamping using PaperArtsy PS176 stencil designed by Sara Naumann and some much loved paint splatters. I edged the sides  of the panel with ink and matt n layered it onto a double card mount. 


 The right hand side of the card was decorated with some Tim Holtz Ideology and Paperie.  
A slim 'off cut' of black card held in place with an Index Clip .... 


.... a piece of Label Tape 


.... and a Big Chat sentiment: 'Thankful Blessings'! 



Products I used:

White Card
Black Card
Thats Crafty! Multi Surface Adhesive
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge
Black Soot Distress Archival Ink
Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic Paint: Cheddar
Black Acrylic Paint
PaperArtsy Stencil: PS141 designed by Tracy Scott
PaperArtsy Stencil: PS176 designed by Sara Naumann
PaperArtsy Eclectica ESA13 stampset designed by Seth Apter
Tim Holtz Label tape
Tim Holtz Index Clips
Tim Holtz Big Chat Stickers
Paper Trimmer
Scissors
Paint Brush
Masking Tape

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope my creativity has coloured up your day. 
Have a great week and keep on creating 
Take care 
Amanda 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. That small piece of label tape may seem insignificant at first glance, but is a powerful element when one considers it a reminder to "count" one's blessings! Lovely piece, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook