Adventure Awaits You! by Amanda Pink

11:00

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to my weekly DT post. 

Today I'm sharing a mixed media Art Panel featuring 'The Professor ' from Tim Holtz 'The Professor 2' stampset. He's looking out through a 'hole in a wall' (created with a That's Crafty! stencil) awaiting his next adventure! 



The creativity began by creating the brick wall and for this I used That's Crafty! 6x6 'Hole in the Wall' stencil. I worked on mixed media paper that I painted with PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints: Stone, Eggshell. 
I then stencilled the brick wall using DecoArt sand texture paste. I chose a 'gritty' type of texture paste rather than a smooth one as I wanted the bricks to look and feel realistic. 


When the paste was dry ( I left to air dry) I repositioned the stencil and coloured the bricks using PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Paints: Stone, Concrete, Elephant, French Roast and Little Black Dress. 


Although I could have created within the 'open space' of  the stencil design I wanted to create an actual 'hole in the wall' so i cut that part away.  For this I simply used a sharp knife, a steady hand and a keen eye. 



To set the scene behind the 'hole in the wall' I used a piece cut from one of the fabulous papers from Tim Holtz Abandoned Paper Stash. It made me think of a stormy sky so I thought it would make for a great backdrop for 'The Professor' waiting to take flight on his next big adventure. 


Speaking of whom, here he is 'The Professor' himself. 
He was stamped with Black Soot distress Archival ink on white card, his face lightly watercoloured  with distress inks: Tea Dye and Tattered Rose and 'fussy' cut. 


His shirt collar and the rims of his goggles were also lightly watercoloured with distress ink: Speckled Egg, whilst the lenses of his goggles were polished up with a touch of glossy accents. 
 Don't want those lenses to be fogging over mid flight !!! 


In keeping with the general theme of the art panel some That's Crafty Greyboard Small Cogs'painted with black acrylic paint tucked nicely into the bottom right corner of the wall. The larger cog being embellished with a tiny metal ideology cog.... 


....and a  Tim Holtz small talk sticker provided a very suitable title!

Masking Tape
Stamping Platform


Thanks for stopping by today.
Wishing you a lovely creative week ahead 
Take Care 
Amanda

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Really fabulous artwork Amanda. The professor looks very dapper looking through the wall you created and the whole piece is very striking.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally surprised me that your hole in the wall was created with a stencil!! Great panel. Love the Professor (almost as much as Tim!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook