You Make Everything More Beautiful by Gill Humphrey

11:00

I love this sentiment - it is such an important thing to convey to the ones we love and thus appropriate for both male and female makes. Here I have used it for a masculine project and believe it would make a lovely keepsake for the man in your life.

My piece is constructed on a square That's Crafty! MDF Upright which has been covered with papers taken from from 13 arts Grungy Walls collection edged with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide. On the back plate I cut a contrasting paper from the collection 1 cm smaller all round than the base, inked the edges and then placed it on the back panel of the upright before adding a piece of 13 arts Transparent Rosalie over the top - I knew that I wa going to add a collection of ephemera over this and therefore used foam tape to attach the acetate piece 


I fussy cut elements from both the Grungy Walls Postcard Sheet and His and Hers Remastered Elements Butterflies Sheet edging these with more vintage photo distress ink. 

I stamped my sentiment from the Blooming Poppies Stamp Set onto the fussy cut postcard using Versafine Clair Nocturne and heat set with clear embossing powder. 


My paper  pieces were added in layers with more dimensional tape placed towards the top edge of the pieces so that the tops were lifted off the base and the lower edge tucked beneath the element below it. I added twine from my stash to the tag element.


I added some Tim Holtz index clips to three of my elements but still felt my piece was missing something and decided that some dimensional stars which I always keep ready made in my stash would be just perfect. The stars were made using Prima Modelling Paste and Prima Stars  and Moon Mould and edged with Distress Oxide once dry.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Really gorgeous artwork Gill. Love the natural colour theme and all the elements build up to a beautiful piece.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook