Learning to Fly by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I have another steampunk themed piece of artwork to share today featuring another of Kelly Horton's gorgeous steampunk darlings and I'm imagining that she's trying to learn to fly with those fabulous geared up wings.

Step by Step:

I really love this particular art shrine with the integral cog elements which make it extra fun to decorate up. 

I began by using the cogs stencil with texture paste to add patterning to the outer frame and allowed this to dry thoroughly then added colour with a mix of Multi Surface Paints which I put on a plastic plate - I used Teal, Metallic Gold and Copper - then used a stiff brush to dab the paints on for a grungy look.

I assembled the back box and painted all the inner side and top and bottom panels with Chestnut Brown Multi Surface Paint and covered the inside back with a piece of Amanda's gorgeous grungy paper. I then glued the back to the front panel.

I stamped my chosen Steampunk Darling and the pair of amazing wings on white stamping card with black ink and heat embossed the images with clear powder. I coloured them all with Zig brush markers and cut them out.

I rusted up a cog with texture sand paste and paint and painted some curly Craftyboard corners with Copper Pearl Ink then glued them in place.

I added the wings next and glued the gorgeous girl on top to finish.


Supplies:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook