Alchemy by Gill Humphrey

11:00

To create this piece I started by cutting paper from the Stamperia Alchemy paper pad to fit both the Upright panel and the base of my Upright. I then took elements from the numbers page, post card page and a collage page from the collection and decided on my layout. 


To create depth for my piece I adhered some pieces of paper flat with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Glue and other pieces I layered up with pieces of greyboard. The two number panels were edged with Frantage Aged Silver Embossing Enamel using the WOW Freestyle Embossing Tool rolled around the edge of the pieces.


I selected a crow from the That's Crafty! Bats and Crow Set and two lengths of chain from the chain Craftyboard sheet and heat embossed these using the WOW Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad and the Aged Silver embossing powder. These were then cut to length and adhered in place with Multi Purpose Glue. 

I glued  the post card image abundance from the paper collection to a piece of Stamperia Stone Paper and once this was dry fussy cut out both the lady and the bee. The advantage of using the Stone Paper is that it makes the paper elements more robust allowing them to hold their shape. the bee and the lady were then shaped using my fingers and adhered in place with Heavy Body Gel.

The Upright was then assembled. Finally I used the WOW Embossing Brush to paint embossing fluid around my upright and the junction of the two pieces before heat setting more aged silver embossing powder. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook