Cauldrons Bubble by Gill Humphrey

11:00

A while ago I would never of considered colouring in a stamped image but the That's Crafty Darlings Stamp range by Kelly Michelle Horton have changed that and now I wouldn't think twice about doing so. I may not be an expert colourist but that really doesn't matter and I encourage you to have a try.

For this piece I layered a piece of paper designed by Perfect Backgrounds Set 1 by Amanda Southern on to a an A4 piece of MDF before adding some extra details using the equations stamp from That's Crafty! Numbers and Script Stamp Set and black Archival Ink. In addition I added a few rub ons from Tim Holtz

I then adhered using That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Glue papers from Amanda Southern Backgrounds 2 to the large and medium sized coffin shaped pieces of MDF by That's Crafty! For added detail I used That's Crafty! Black Texture Paste through the bats stencil. Once the stencilling had dried I adhered the 3 MDF pieces together. 


Having created my base piece I set about making my focal image and embellishments. I stamped my main image using Little Darklings Set 3 and Versafine Clair Nocturn ink which was heat set with clear embossing powder before colouring in with watercolour pens.

I chose some Craftyboard crows, chains, spiders and webs and coloured them with Black Soot Distress Ink, 13 Arts Ayeeda Black ink adding some black Distress Stickles for added texture to the crows. For my sentiment I chose letters from Alphabet Set 2.


Having created all of my elements all that was left to do was to adhere everything inplace.


With Halloween round the corner I hope that my piece encourages you to make some seasonal home decor pieces and hope that you stay safe.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Gill. Lovely details and love the clever words on there.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook