Happy Wings by Rachel Harries

11:00

 

Firstly I went for a walk and collected a couple of leaves that had been dropped by the trees, I then used my Gel Press to get a selection of prints. I put a thin layer of acrylic paint on the plate then put the leaf on the plate and use some scratch paper to just push the leaf onto the plate and remove the surrounding paint. I removed the leaf and waiting a short while for the remaining leaf printed paint to dry off. I then use a contrasting colour of acrylic paint and use my brayer to apply a thin layer of paint, then I use my choice of paper or cardstock to remove the print. As you can see I printed off a selection to decide which one I wanted to use for this project.




I then took an Art by Marlene stamp and stamped the character and some butterflies onto a separate piece of cardstock, for each butterfly I stamped the image twice so that I could layer up to give some dimension and coloured the image.





I stamped some wording from the butterfly stamp set along one side.


I then took some domino chipboard and covered it with a piece from one of the other prints I had made, making sure to sand the edges once the adhesive had dried. I then used some alphabet stamps and Distress Oxide ink in contrasting colours to stamp the word happy using the domino to stamp the first letter on.




I outlined the letter on the domino with a fine liner just to help it stand out and then used Versamark and clear embossing powder three times to give a nice thick glaze to the domino. I added some stencilling with a white ink pad and then added the butterflies in double layers.


I added this piece to a card but it would be equally at home in a journal or on a wall.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love your happy piece of artwork Rachel. Such lovely cheery colours and the leaf prints are fabulous.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook