Softly, Softly by Helen Chilton

11:00

Today I've made a card using some of the new Craft O'Clock products:


When I saw the tracing paper designs, I thought I just had to have a go, so picked this one with the lady on.


I cut round her profile and then used some of the  Hazy Street paper with a light area in the middle.


To start with, I coloured straight onto the back...


...and then softened it with a baby wipe:


The colours will show through to the front.


Then just stick it down with a glue stick.


To match up the colours, I added some pen ro rhe paper, rubbing it on a baby wipe again...


...and then rubbing direct to paper to create a soft effect.


You can also colour on top of the tracing paper.


To finish I highlighted with white pen and added a touch of white stencilling.



Supplies:
Craft O'Clock 6x6 Paper Pack - Hazy Street
Craft O'Clock Decorative Tracing Paper Set
That's Crafty! 7ins x 7ins Stencil - Numbers - TC6002
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints
Tim Holtz Distress Markers
Posca Pens
: White

Embellishments

Don't use anything too wet on the tracing paper as it buckles - this is why I used a 'dry' glue and made sure I covered the back well so there were no air bubbles. Each piece of tracing paper has a different design so there's loads of inspiration! Until next week!
Helen

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook