Look on the Bright Side by Amanda Pink

11:00

Hi Everyone

Welcome to my Thursday weekly DT post.

This week I am sharing a small piece of mixed media 'Art on the Round' that I hope will add a touch of colour and a few encouraging words to your day! 


The substrate I worked on was a That's Crafty! greyboard 4inch round surface.
I covered the round with 2cm strips of 13Arts scrapbook paper adhering them with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Adhesive and sealing them with matt medium.
As the strips of paper were used to add a base layer, nothing more I knocked back the colour and design on the papers using white gesso.
I then introduced colour using some of Dina Wakley heavy Body Acrylic paints. The paints were applied randomly and freely working one colour at a time and drying in between each colour application. When happy with how they looked I  then added some black acrylic paint in the same way to accentuate the colours and add a touch of drama.


 Next I added some background detail by stamping some text using part of an Aall and Create stamp aswell as splattering some white paint around! 


For the focal feature I stamped and fussy cut a butterfly from a Tim Holtz stamp set. I coloured it with the same paints I used for the background (watered down slightly), added a few sketchy white highlights, manipulated its wings and mounted on a small painted wood chip circle. It was adhered to the round positioned in front of a couple of 'off set' black die cut circles. 
The thorax was decorated with a length of black plastic topped with a black gem bead


Setting the butterfly on a mount helped lift it off the background and the manipulation of the butterfly's wings gave it a sense of movement and added some welcome dimension. 


To finish off I added a  few encouraging words courtesy of a Tim Holtz sticker.



Products I used:

That's Crafty! Surfaces: Greyboard Rounds Pack
White Cardstock
13Arts 6 x 6 inch paper pad: Grungy Walls designed by Olga Heldwein
That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Adhesive
DecoArt Matte Medium
That's Crafty! White Gesso
Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic Paint: Magenta, Ruby, Black, White
Tsukineko Versafine Ink: Black Onyx
Black gem bead and length of plastic, Wood chip circle (own stash)

I hope you have enjoyed your time with me today and that maybe I have offered some colourful creative inspiration.
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a lovely creative week 
Take care and stay safe
Amanda
x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This is absolutely stunning, Amanda, so bright and original! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing vivid colours and just the right words needed for now - this is fabulous, Amanda.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous bright and bold colours Amanda. Your signature textured background is stunning and love how you embellished that beautiful butterfly.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook