Rosalie - Portrait of a Lady by Gill Humphrey

11:00

Today I am sharing a mixed media panel that could very easily be converted into a scrapbook page by simply swapping out one or all of the portrait images for photographs of your choice. For the base of my project I used a 12x12 Chunkie assembled using That's Crafty! glue.

I adhered a sheet from the 13 Arts Rosalie Paper Pack to the front of my panel. Then for added detail I mixed Coral Red Color Glow Powder by 13 Arts  with modelling paste and applied this randomly over the paper using the Carte Postale stencil. The sides of the panel were covered with paper from the paper pack.

Whilst the paste was drying I then fussy cut the three frames from paper from the pack, cut the two smaller faces, butterlies extra roses and leaves from the cut-a-part page that is also in the paper pack and finally the largest of the faces from the A6 Rosalie Paper Pack. 

To assemble my piece I then added pieces of torn muslin cloth to my now dry panel and then using scrap cardboard for added dimension adhered the frames inplace. The face images were shaped using my fingers and a large ball tool before adhering using Gel Medium. I felt the piece was just a little too pink for my taste and raided my stash for some faux foliage and flower stamens that I then tucked in and around the piece.

I like to give all of my pieces a title and chose the word romance from the co-ordinating chipboard set as my finishing touch.




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Really beautiful artwork Gill, so pretty and such lovely detail.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook