Mirror, Mirror by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

That's Crafty! has 2 shows on Hochanda today, the first at 11am when this post goes live and the second at 2pm. Don't miss for some absolutely gorgeous goodies including the amazing mirror tags, including the round one that I'm sharing here and you'll have to excuse my reflection, one of the hazzards of photographing that sort of surface! Sorry for the slightly tongue in cheek title too which I couldn't resist!

Here's how I created the decoration on my tag which is easier than you might think:

There's a protective backing on the mirrored surface that you need to carefully pull off first.

I then took one of the gorgeous new texture stamps designed by the very talented Susana Magenheimer, otherwise known as Random Artist 222. This particular one is rather like flowers so I stamped it carefully around the edges with purple permanent ink - you need to make sure the stamp has plenty of ink on it for a good impression.

Once the ink was dry, I then took one of the gorgeous new inks that debuted on the shows (believe me, you need these in your life as they are just a-maz-ing!!! I used the lightest green and simply added blobs roughly in the flower centres to give a rather pretty effect.

I decided against stamping my girl directly on the surface as I was a bit nervous about messing it up as she's quite a large image and stamped her on paper instead. She's one of Alexa Doebler of Blue Woods Design's gorgeous faces and they stamp incredibly well and easily on card and paper. I stamped her with black ink and heat embossed the image with clear powder.

I coloured her hair, eyes, lips and earrings with the new inks, using shades of yellow, orange and pink for her hair. I coloured her face and neck with Zig Clean Color brush markers then cut her out. I glued her to the mirror surface with That's Crafty! multi purpose craft adhesive, finishing off with text stamped from the new Lots of Words stamp set.

Supplies:


Have a great weekend and if you missed the shows, there's always rewind.

Fliss x 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Great art on the mirror looks fabulous
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool, Fliss - the mirror adds a magical touch - a great surface to work on.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook