Discovery by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
I am back with you this Tuesday playing in my little That's Crafty! white/greyboard journal and it's all gone rather grungy this week.


Here's What I Did:

I had originally covered each of the pages with scraps of old gelli prints but I didn't want those so over the top I smeared a thick layer of white gesso creating an uneven surface and left that to dry.


Onto those pages I then added some tags that I had removed from new clothing items (thankyou M&S) and glued them onto the pages.


I then covered these with further layers of gesso and trimmed the tag to fit.


Then using just Chestnut Brown and Black paint I built up the colour. The first layer was the brown, watered down and then wiped back leaving paint around the edges of the tag, Once dry I repeated again with a watered down black. Both these colours also stain the gesso. 


It was then a case of building up the colours, applying the paint with a piece of washing up sponge until I had achieved the desired effect. 

I added a little more detail by taking 2 of the screw head pieces that were made using the Mechanica mould and paper clay and colouring them with the same 2 paint colours. I batch made a collection of them from the mould some time ago so they were ready when I needed them.


I added the word Discovery from the new 'Lots of Words' stamps set by That's Crafty!, real work horse stamp set for everyone's collection. I stamped it using Stazon pigment ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.


The word 'Discovery' relates to finding a single flower which comes from one of the recent paper packs that I just cut out and added.


That was the last 2 pages of this journal so I have added another set of pages and just added larger rings to hold them, in fact there is room now for 2 more albums. I love this little journal and the fact that it is greyboard it just stands on my desk.


Here's What I Used:
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints - Chestnut Brown & Black
Stazon Pigment Ink Pad - Chocolate Brown
Clothing Tags
Washing Up Sponge
Have a great week and I will see you all next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Fabulous grungy pages Amanda and love how you made use of the clothing tags. The textures achieved are so lovely and the flower really pops against the neutral shades.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Amanda, loving the shading and texture and clay pieces 😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazing... I love the stony look of the panels, and the tabs and tags layered in give it such cool extra texture and detail. The screw heads look completely real - reminds me I must have a play with my moulds. Love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, your little journal is gorgeous, I really, really love the grungy look of the covers! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook