Be Strong by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I have one of my journal samples made for the last Hochanda shows to share this week as I felt I needed this particular spread to remind me how important it is to stay strong in the current uncertain and very scary times. If you're one of those who has to remain house bound for a while, this is for you too.

Step by Step:

I didn't work on the actual surfaces this time as I wanted to try something different so I took one of my large spray overflow sheets A3 in size and in pretty shades of lilac, purple and pink.

I turned the paper over and drew round the journal page circles with a pencil, carefully moving it round when I got the tab section so that I had 2 complete circles. I cut the circles out and got to work with some stamps.

I really love the new texture stamps from Susana (Random Artist 222) and stamped the radiating image twice on one circle and three times on the other, stamping off the edge. I then took the spiky flower image and stamped this with pink ink several times around the edges of each piece.

I then took the gorgeous new ginger flower stencil and added some pattern with a mauve paint that I created by adding some white multi surface paint to bright purple as I wanted a slightly more muted shade.

My next task was to prepare the tab sections as I wanted some colour on them. I painted them with magenta multi surface paint then stamped on one of the texture stamps with purple ink and heat embossed the images with clear powder. I then glued on my decorated circles, smoothing them down with my brayer.

Having decided on my text, I stamped the words on black card using the new alphabet stamp set, stamping with embossing ink and heat embossing with white powder. I cut the words out leaving a border and edged them with doodling that I created with a white Posca pen. I glued these in place on the left hand page with That's Crafty! multi purpose adhesive, my go to glue.


I then set about decorating the other page and stamped Alexa's gorgeous pony tail girl on tan card with black ink and coloured her with a mix of pastel pencils and Prima watercolour pencils. I cut her out and glued her in place.

I stamped my chosen vowed words from the lots of words stamp set on white card with black ink. I cut them out with scissors, shaping them a little and adding some doodling with a black pen to finish. I glued these in place too.



Supplies:

That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Alexa's Faces Set 6
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Lots of Textures Set 1 by Random Artist 222
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Lots of Words
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Alphabet
That's Crafty! Surfaces - White/Greyboard Round Journal
That's Crafty! 8 x 8ins Stencil - Tropical Ginger Flowers TC8050
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints
That's Crafty! Flat Matte Sprays
Watercolour pencils
Pastel pencils
VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink
VersaFine Clair Monarch Ink
Clear Embossing Powder


 Have a great weekend and if you're stuck in the house, crafting is the best distraction!

Fliss x


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Fab pages Fliss and the addition of the texture stamp really adds fab detail
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pages... I do love the circular journal, and the layered background here is so cool. Great words too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook