Feelin' Groovy Baby! by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I felt in need of something bright and cheery this week so the perfect share was my rather funky style journal pages which have somewhat of a retro vibe which I hope you like.

Step by Step:

I don't actually have process photos for the pages as they were kind of go with the flow. The first step being to add a coat of white gesso to the greyboard page which is the left hand one. If you do that, you won't be able to tell the difference between the finished pages.

I then took the clever new rectangles A4 stencil and began adding pattern to both pages. I layered up several shades of multi surface paint (apricot, yellow, orange and teal) using different rectangles and twisting them round to get a bright and funky look. As you can see, some of the paints are more translucent than others which really adds to the effect.

I used the new bamboo stencil with black gesso to add a pattern that rather reminds me of zebra stripes, on each page, 2 thinner ones on the left and the thickest on the right. I then stamped on the groovy circles pattern from the faces set with black ink and heat embossed the images with clear powder.

I stamped my chosen girl on white smooth cartridge paper with black ink then coloured her hair, eyes, lips and earrings with the brand new and totally amazing satin inks (did you see Leonie playing with these yesterday and it's worth a look on rewind if you missed it as they're so versatile). I coloured her skin with watercolour pencils. I then cut her out and glued her in place.


I decided on my text which I couldn't resist and used the alphabet stamp set to create it, stamping the letters on black card with embossing ink and heat embossing them with white powder. I cut them out and glued them on the left hand page, forming a funky curved shape with the letters.



There we have it, much simpler than you might think!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Fantastic colour combo and great pages.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook