The Presence of Wonder by Gill Humphrey

11:00


I almost never make a project without some form of paper in it but this weeks make is an exception as I just loved the new Finnabair moulds. The base of my piece is one of the new Round Topped Landscape Shadow Box Tag. Before constructing the box I added some Black Primer Paste through an old Stamperia stencil and left it to dry. Then I put in the panels for the shadow box and added black crackle paste around the edges and black primer paste in the center of the shadow and areas of stencilling that sit outside the frame. You can use white crackle primer and paste and paint the surface black being careful not to fill in the details or add texture to the out side of the frame using Black Modelling Paste applying it unevenly to build up interest. Once the pastes have dried I added Gold Metallic Wax.

I distressed the inside of the frame using White Antiquing Gel wiping back most of it with a damp cloth.


 

For the central composition I cast a lot of elements from 3 of the new Finnabair moulds - Baroque Frame, Nocturanal Insects and Pocket Watches using my resin of choice (Amazing Casting Resin) Once they were set I painted everything with the black primer paste. To add colour to the pieces I used a combination of Ochre, Patina Blue and Patina Green Antiquing Gels. Alternatives would be the Turquoise, Dark Blue and Rust Vintage Patinas. Both products can be colour mixed on the pieces to add different colours before wiping back with a damp cloth the top to reveal the details which I then highlighted using a combination of the gold and Copper metallic wax. 


The completed pieces were then assembled as shown using Heavy Body Gel to adhere everything in place.



I am rather happy with this piece and think it show cases the moulds beautifully - for those put off by assemblage style makes this one is a super easy starting place so I would encourage you to have a try.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook