Mexicana 2 by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

I have another of my samples from last month's shows on HobbyMaker Tv to share this week as the weather has been so hot that a bit of Mexicana seemed the one for today! As one of the shows featured inchies, twinchies and dominoes along with this reverse canvas, I just had to try recreating my favourite mexican tile look as I so love their beautiful bright colours.

Step by Step:

I glued all of the reverse canvas elements together first as I knew I wanted to create tiles to add on top. I painted the interior with Bright Blue Multi Surface paint.

I then took a little heap of inchies, twinchies and dominoes and began to place them on the canvas. I find this the best way to work out where to put them to the best effect.


I created my tiles using the small elements stamp sets from That's Crafty! which were specially designed to use on small pieces of artwork. I started on the frame first and painted the tiles with Multi Surface Paints, using Apricot, Light Blue, Orange and Teal. Once dry, I stamped over the top in orange, bright blue and red inks.

Once the tiles were completely dry, I pressed embossing ink on top and heat embossed several times to create a glossy tile.

The inner section has tiles in slighter softer shades and were created in the same way as those for the frame.

I glued all the tiles in place to finish.



Supplies:

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook