London Adventure by Gill Humphrey

11:00


The London mould with all of its iconic images appealed to me the minute I saw it and so it fell into my shopping basket. For my make this week I have created a mixed media canvas using a 20cm by 30cm deep canvas in landscape orientation.

To start my make I added pieces of Strange London rice paper from an old collection as it had a map of England - you could use any neutral background paper instead for example the Lady Vagabond London would also work. The rice paper was glued with Mixed Media Glue as I knew that I needed to protect the surface for later on in the project and the glue acts as a sealant when brushed over the surface. Having applied the rice papers I then added  areas of stencilling by applying Transparent Crackle Medium through the Street Map Stencil.


I then took the street scene from the London mould and cast it with Amazing Casting Resin. Once the piece had cured I then painted the piece using Ivory for the brick work details, Brick Red for some of the roof details and then Dark Grey for the roof tops. The trees were painted with Chocolate and Garden Green. I used Bright Red for the paintwork on the London bus. 

To bring out the details in the crackle paste once it had dried and also in the mould I used Vintage Antiquing Paste wiping back the surface until I was happy with the results.


Next I took some left over paper scraps from the Our Way 12 x 12 cut to approximately 1" wide and tore the ends before distressing with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide. The paper strips were layered in place to create a ground on which to build the rest of the composition.



I then chose lots of paper elements from the paper collection and also the Collectables paper set and played around with the composition until I was happy before adhering everything in place using Multi Purpose Glue and also Matte Heavy Body Gel where I felt added dimension was required and also for the resin piece. I also added pieces from the Our Way die cuts. These are made from grey board and so are quite substantial making them fantastic to use on decorative wall art.

 

To complete the project I took some paper flowers and coloured them with very diluted paints before adhering in place along with art stones and Burnt Umber Glamour Sparkles.


I hope you like my take on this wonderful mould - its so difficult to find iconic English images but I do feel that this collection has sorted that problem out quite nicely.

Please stay safe and enjoy your crafting.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook