Bienvenidos by Gill Humphrey

11:00


For this weeks make I have returned to Antony James Minis designs this time using the Filmstrip  shadow box with 3 compartments to make a diorama. I started by making up the back part of the box leaving off the front filmstrip panel. I coated the inside of the box with Structure Paste and then adhered some of the pieces that pop out of the front filmstrip into place using the Structure Paste whilst it was wet so that I created a brick wall effect. Once the paste had dried I then painted over Brown Antiquing Gel wiping it back before it had dried completely to highlight the textures.


I then painted the outside of the box and the filmsrip piece with Cherry Lasur Gel. To add extra detail to the front panel I used a Versamark ink pad and stamps from the Create Happiness Elements stamp set embossing them with gold embossing powder.

The next step was to decorate the moulds I wanted to fill the boxes - I cast these pieces using Amazing Casting Resin and Street mould. Once the resin had set I then set about painting them. Everything was given a coat of Old Ivory paint. For the light fittings and labels I then dragged a Archival Black Soot ink pad over the surface as this picked up the details beautifully and is far easier than trying to paint them in. The light parts of the lamps were then filled with Glossy Accents and left to dry.


The details on the windows were achieved by brushing over Turquoise paint before filling the panes with more Glossy Accents. The plant pots were then painted with Cookie, Garden Green and Corn paints.

Once dried the elements were adhered in place before adding some fussy cut roses from the Desire paper collection.

I hope you like how I have used Antony's fabulous MDF kit and hope you have a safe and creative week ahead.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook