Old London Road by Gill Humphrey

11:00


For my make this week I have chosen to work with one of the new MDF pieces designed by Antony James Minis - the Art Shrine Filmstrip. I started by putting the box part of the kit together but left the front panel off as this makes it easier to decorate the inside of the project. 

I chose a paper from the 8 x 8 Our Way Collection and then added extra details to the paper using Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink and stamps from Create Happiness Elements Stamp Set. The edges of the papers were inked and then adhered in place.


For the outside of the box I added a layer of Crackle Paste Primer before covering with black crackle paste from Pentart. You can use the white crackle paste and then add black paint over it being careful not to fill in the cracks. To fill in the cracks I added a layer of Oak Lasur Gel and wiped it back before adding a touch of Gold Wax to bring out the textures. The frame was treated the same way and then added to the shadow box components.

 

For the inside of the box I created resin pieces using Amazing Casting Resin and the London mould for the clock tower, phone box lamp post and bus. The remaining elements come from Desire Street and also an old Casa Granada mould with a big door in it.

The clock tower and sign elements were painted with two coats of Old Ivory paint. For the detail on the signs I added a swipe of Black Soot Archival ink as I find this easier than trying to paint in the word details. The clock tower was varnished and then a layer of Umber Antiquing Gel was applied before wiping back leaving it in the details. The clock face was then covered with some Gold Metallic Wax. For the bus I used Old Ivory for the windows, Cardinal Red for the paint work and then Black for the wheels, words and wing mirrors. The piece was then varnished and treated with the Umber Antqiuing Gel. For the phone booth I pre painted with Old Ivory then with the Cardinal Red before distressing with the Antiquing Gel. The lamp post was painted with Old Ivory for the lights and Black for the body, after varnishing Silver Metallic Wax was added. For the plant post I used Cookie for the pots and a mixture of greens and the red for the flowers before varnishing and distressing again.



The elements were then layered in place using the pieces that push out from the frame to prop the pieces forward. To complete the piece I added some art stones/3d balls.

I hope you like this piece and have an enjoyable week.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook