Purples and Blues by Helen Chilton

11:00

I've gone purple and blue this week with a little touch of orange for contrast.


I'm using this gorgeous stamp set from PaperArtsy this week, designed by Gwen Lafleur. All the images are such a great size and easy to colour.


I'm using an MDF Upright as my base - you can throw anything at these - they're great. I started with a base coat of Mint Green and stencilled a little woodgrain over the top in Texture Paste. I thought it was a bit pale, so started adding crayon over the top....


...until I was happy with it. You can rub the crayon in and also wipe it off if it's too dark.


I added a bit of leaf stamping with Distress Oxides Wilted Violet and Salty Ocean.


Then just stamp, watercolour and cut out the flowers etc.


I finished it off with some wood curls and Tim Holtz text.




I hope you've enjoyed this project and that the colours have brightened up your day!

Helen

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Really pretty artwork Helen. Love the textures and the embellished stamped elements look fabulous.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook