Buzz Buzz by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

I have another sample from the last Hochanda shows to share today and this one is actually the one I most enjoyed creating as it has lots of lovely textures and distressing and of course, my favourite - stamping!

Step by Step:
 
I partly assembled the shrine to begin with, sticking all of the back box pieces together as I knew I wanted to paint the inner sides and prior assembly always helps as the sections glue together more perfectly in the raw state.
 
I painted the inside of the box edges with chestnut brown multi surface paint and added a little round the edges of the inside back too.
 
I chose a paper from Melina's new Autumn collection with shades of blue, green and orange, a lovely contrast to the dark brown shade. I tore off some strips and sized them to fit the inside of the box. I laid them out next to each other and stamped on the scribbly number background in opposite corners with dark brown ink. I stamped the scribbly circle several times in the remaining space. I inked the edges then glued the pieces inside the box at the back.
 
I then prepared the front section of the shrine which I first painted mustard yellow. I painted over the top with crackle glaze and when the glaze was tacky, brushed chestnut brown over the top. A lovely crackle effect then appeared.
 
I stamped one large and two small bees on stamping paper with black ink and heat embossed the images with clear powder. I coloured them with Kuretake Zig clean color brush pens and cut them out.
 
I prepared a few more embellishments, taking some of the craftyboard elements and painting them with teal multi surface paint darkened with a touch of midnight to produce a deep turquoise shade. I painted some alphabet craftyboard and an inchie peviously stamped with a tiny bee with yellow satin ink.
 
I assembled my shrine using a mix of That's Crafty! multi purpose craft adhesive and 3D glue and added in a few threads to finish off the piece.
 
 



 
Supplies:
 
Cream Threads
 
Have a great weekend and see you next week.
 
Fliss x

 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook